Sunday, January 3, 2010

Best Albums of 2009

2009 is over and so begins the natural phenomena of the "best of the year list". Its like a law of the earth really. Just as we have gravity, we must also have a list of the best things of the year, no matter how ridiculous that list is. Naturally I can not deny this law and I will try my best to provide you with my list of the best albums of 2009. Hopefully you'll check out the stuff your not familiar with. I would suggest Great Bloomers. Just saying



The Best Albums Of 2009




25. Woods- Songs of Shame


24. Passion Pit- Manners


Passion Pit- The Reeling


23.
The Flaming Lips- Embryonic



The Flaming Lips- Watching The Planets

22.
Akron/Family- Set Em Wild Set Em Free

21. Wild Beast- Two Dancers


20. Great Bloomers- Speak of Trouble



19. Freelance Whales- Weathervanes
Freelance Whales- Starring

18. Bibio- Ambivalence Avenue



17. The Pains of Being Pure at Heart- The Pains of Being Pure at Heart

16. Local Natives- Gorilla Manor

15. Cymbals Eat Guitars- Why There Are Mountains


14. Ramona Falls- Intuit


Ramona Falls- I Say Fever

13. Real Estate- Real Estate

Real Estate- Beach Comber

12. The Rural Alberta Advantage- Hometowns


11. Japandroids- Post-Nothing

Japandroids- Young Hearts Spark Fire

10. Bill Callahan- Sometimes I Wish I Were An Eagle

Bill Callahan- Jim Cain

9. Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros- Up From Below



8. Girls- Album

7. Dirty Projectors- Bitta Orca


6. Bear in Heaven- Beast Rest Forth Mouth



5. Grizzly Bear- Veckatimest


4. The xx- The xx


3. Phoenix- Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix


2. Animal Collective- Merriweather Post Pavilion


1. The Antlers- Hospice



Honorable Mentions that didn't quite make it into the top 25
Megafaun- Gather, Form & Fly
Magnolia Electric Co.- Josephine
Matt & Kim- Grand
Mount Eerie- Dark Winds Poem
Letting Up Despite Great Faults- Letting Up Despite Great Faults
Espers- III
We Were Promised Jetpacks- These Four Walls.

I would have made the list to 3o but I'm to lazy, and I dont have the time to upload five more tracks. You should be happy with 25... hopefully. Also I apologize for the lack of info on these albums and why I liked each one so much. After getting some good feedback from my last post I feel like I'm letting the small group of people who read this blog down. So I apologize to you guys, my new years resolution will be to provide better post in the near future.

Well there is another list of good ass music for you. As usual let me know how you feel about these albums, and tell me how I screwed the list up. And since there are two kinds of people in this world, (People who love Animal Collective and People who hate Animal collective) I expect to see one of these two comments. 1. What the hell damn guy! AnCo number 2!? this blog is for the birds. 2. oh wow! AnCo number 2?! I guess they're not as overrated as I once thought. Im glad someone is finally putting the animal collective in their right place. (this guy is being very sarcastic by the way)

REVISION:

I have removed some mp3's due to copyright infringement allegations. I have been notified by the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry for allegations of infringement. I'm going to leave the mp3's down for now until more information is gathered. Sorry for the inconvenience. Blame the man, not me

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

  1. you da best. but, i think passion pit's album should be way higher on you list. they're so awesome. especially live. also, what about bon iver's for emma forever ago? justin vernon is so amazing! you can't forget about him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, for emma was 2008? great list.

    ReplyDelete